Ryan Gosling and Matt Smith’s film, Star Wars: Starfighter, recruited its last cast member before heading towards production.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie has begun production under the director Shawn Levy after announcing its final actor.
The new project in the billion-dollar franchise brought actor Aaron Pierre to join the impressive lineup, which includes Ryan Gosling, Matt Smith, Amy Adams and Mia Goth.
Aaron is known for his work in Rebel Ridge and as a voice actor in Mufasa: The Lion King.
On April 17, in conversation with the above-mentioned outlet, director Shawn admitted his excitement about building on the blocks of the previous blockbusters.
He said, “This experience has been a dream come true, creatively and personally. To join this storytelling galaxy with such brilliant collaborators on screen and off is the thrill of a lifetime.”
Notably, Ryan will also serve as an executive producer on the film alongside Dan Levine.
Though details about the plot are being kept under wraps, fans are aware the story will stand apart from the Skywalker Saga, with the La La Land star playing the lead and Matt Smith taking the role of the villain.
For the unversed, the feature was announced at the Star Wars Celebration panel in Tokyo earlier this year and is said to have a release date of May 28, 2027, just days after Avengers: Secret Wars is scheduled to hit theatres.
As of now, no further details about Star Wars: Starfighter have been publicly announced.
Star Wars: Starfighter will be set five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker, which is dated to 35 ABY (After Battle of Yavin) as per the film's timeline.
RELATED: Matt Smith, Ryan Gosling join forces for ‘Star Wars: Starfighter'