Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had concerns regarding their safety, but the British prime minister appeared to dismiss them by claiming that New York's traffic is "not really my priority."
In response to inquiries regarding the couple's "near catastrophic car chase" that occurred after an awards ceremony in Midtown Manhattan earlier in the week, Rishi Sunak provided his response on Friday.
When questioned whether he was concerned about the privacy and safety of members of the Royal Family, Sunak responded to the BBC that he was "not aware of a particular incident in question."
"In general, I wouldn’t comment on anything to do with the Royal Family," he said.
A spokesman for the pair said they were involved in a two-hour chase with paparazzi that resulted in "multiple near collisions" while they were in New York City on Tuesday for Markle to accept a Woman of Vision Award at a gala event for the MS Foundation for Women.
The incident happened as the pair left the Ms. Foundation For Women's 50th-anniversary banquet on their way to a friend's house on the Upper East Side, their first public appearance since King Charles' Coronation earlier this month.