I am a victim of 'witch-hunt': says Rhea Chakraborty in bail plea to high court

By Sarah Khan

September 24, 2020

Actress Rhea Chakraborty, who had been in judicial custody in narcotics case in connection to Sushant Singh Rajput's death, has said in the bail petition filed in Bombay High Court that she is innocent and a victim of "witch-hunt".

Chakraborty's bail plea was scheduled to be heard on Wednesday through video conference before Justice Sarang Kotwal, but it was delayed due to heavy rains in Mumbai was and likely to be heard today.

Chakraborty's lawyer said on her behalf that she has been a victim of 'witch hunt'.

In the bail plea filed in the High Court on Tuesday, Chakraborty stated that she is just 28 years old and she is simultaneously facing three investigations by police and agencies other than NCB. She also stated that she is a victim of "parallel media trial".

Rhea also claimed in the bail plea that all these rigorous investigations are "adversely affecting her mental health and health".

The actress said that her bail would have been withheld if the amount of the drug was in bulk.

Chakraborty's bail plea is likely to be heard today before Justice Sarang Kotwal through video conference.