Kanye West might not be able to pay his regards to his new partner’s family after all.
As per reports, the 45-year-old rapper might be banned from entering Australia due to his former comments in favor of Adolf Hitler.
It was previously reported that West was looking to fly to Melbourne to meet the family of his alleged wife, designer Bianca Censori.
Education Minister Jason Clare told Nine’s Today Wednesday that while it’s unclear whether the rapper has applied for the visa yet, he said a quick Google search revealed he “seems like he's a pretty big fan of a person who killed six million Jewish people last century.”
“People like that who've applied for visas to get into Australia in the past have been rejected,” he told the outlet. “I expect that if he does apply, he would have to go through the same process and answer the same questions that they did.”
Opposition Leader Peter Dutton also doubled down on Mr. Clare’s presumption, saying: “His anti-Semitic comments are disgraceful, his conduct and his behaviour is appalling, and he's not a person of good character.”
He claimed that the immigration minister had the power to stop people of bad character coming into Australia.
“My instinct would be if I was that decision maker, I think there are better people we could welcome in,” he added