Orlando Bloom breaks silence on 'near-death experience' at teenage

Orlando Bloom talks about breaking his back at the age of 19

By Ellen James October 12, 2022
Orlando Bloom breaks silence on 'near-death experience' at teenage

Orlando Bloom is touching upon his fatal experience in a fresh interview.

Speaking with UNICEF about his accident at the age of 19, the father-of-one revealed: “When I was 19 I fell three floors from a window and broke my back,” Bloom said in an Instagram video.

“I was very fortunate to survive the fall because my spinal cord was still just intact. I was told for the first four days that I may never walk again," the ambassador continued.

“That was really the beginning of what was a long and painful journey for me into recognizing and understanding some of the patterns that had been in my life that had led me to having numerous accidents,” he explained. “And the culmination was breaking my back, which was a near-death experience.”

“I would say the months after the fall were quite a dark time,” he admitted. “As somebody who’d sort of always been very active in my life, it felt very restrictive all of a sudden and I was in a lot of pain."